Asset report

Carborough Downs coal mine

Loading current market price

Get this report

Loading current market price

Get this report as part of a subscription

Enquire about subscriptions

Already have subscription? Sign In

Further information

Contact us

Submit your details to receive further information about this report.

  • An error has occurred while getting captcha image
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
 

Report summary

Carborough Downs in an underground longwall coal mine located in the Bowen Basin in central Queensland, 20 kilometres east of Moranbah. Operations commenced in 2005 as a bord and pillar operation before the 2009 expansion and introduction of a longwall. Coal is extracted from Leichardt seam, as part of the Rangal coal measures. The mine exports predominantly hard coking coal for the export market, as well as a smaller fraction of PCI. On 30 November 2016, Fitzroy QLD Resources Limited, a joint venture between AMCI and Riverstone completed the acquisition of Vale's 90% interest in the Carborough Downs JV, with the remaining 10% held in equal interests by JFE and POSCO. AMCI was the former owner of Carborough Downs before selling its interest to Vale in 2007. The mine operates within mining leases, ML70339, ML70340, ML70374 and ML70375.

What's included

This report contains

  • Document

    Carborough Downs-Australia-BASE.XLS

    XLS 618.00 KB

  • Document

    Asset Carborough Downs.xls

    XLS 214.50 KB

  • Document

    Carborough Downs coal mine

    PDF 347.61 KB

  • Document

    Carborough Downs coal mine

    ZIP 533.23 KB

Table of contents

  • Key facts
    • Summary
    • Key issues
  • Location maps
  • Participation
  • Geology
  • Reserves and resources
  • Production
  • Operations
  • Infrastructure
  • Costs
  • Sales contracts
  • Economic assumptions

Tables and charts

This report includes 14 images and tables including:

Images

  • Location maps: Image 1
  • Production
  • Cash costs

Tables

  • Key facts: Table 1
  • Participation
  • Coal seams
  • Marketable reserves
  • Production
  • Operations
  • Infrastructure
  • Cash costs
  • Capital costs
  • Product quality
  • Economic assumptions

You may be interested in

Asset report

Watermark coal mine

Asset report

Andromeda coal mine

    
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
    

Questions about this report?

    • Europe:
      +44 131 243 4699
    • Americas:
      +1 713 470 1900
    • Asia Pacific:
      +61 2 8224 8898