Asset Report

Berkeley steel plant

Get this report


You can pay by card or invoice

For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.

- FAQs about online orders
- Find out more about subscriptions

The Berkeley mini-mill is owned and operated by Nucor in South Carolina and is the company's largest plant. It produces both flat sheet and long products. Flat products account for roughly 70% of the plant's finished steel output and longs for the remaining 30%. The two EAFs in operation at Berkeley are fed with a mix of scrap, DRI/HBI and pig iron. Berkeley is equipped with a vacuum degasser which allows for the production of ultra-low carbon steels. The two EAFs in operation at Berkeley are slated to produce around 26% more crude steel in 2022 in comparison with 2021 due to improved demand after the coronavirus crisis. Over the next few years, we expect Berkeley's output to keep steady at 2022 levels.

Table of contents

  • Summary
  • Key issues
  • Metallics
  • Energy
  • Capital costs
  • Operating cash costs

Tables and charts

This report includes 11 images and tables including:

  • Detailed map
  • Participation
  • Steel plant overview
  • Key raw materials rates
  • Downstream products
  • Finished steel production
  • Production table (Mt)
  • Capital costs
  • Total operating cash costs - Finished steel
  • Economic assumptions

What's included

This report contains:

  • Document


    XLS 298.50 KB

  • Document

    Berkeley steel plant

    PDF 1.33 MB

  • Document

    Berkeley steel plant

    ZIP 1.22 MB