Report summarySmelting has taken place on the site of the existing smelter since 1906. During 1974-1978 a major modification involved the replacement of the green feed reverberatory furnaces with Noranda reactors. The plant was closed from mid-1985 to June 1987 due to closure of the Bingham mining operations and a new anode casting system was installed prior to re-opening. Acid was first produced at the smelter in 1916 and, since 1937, nine "modern" contact acid plants have been built. In addition a...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Garfield copper smelter PDF - 578.52 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Garfield copper smelter.xls XLS - 474.50 KB