Report summaryOutokumpu commenced zinc concentrate production in 1954 and initially the concentrates were sold to other European zinc smelters. The decision to build an electrolytic zinc plant at Kokkola was made in 1967 and the plant was commissioned with a capacity of 90kt/a at the end of 1969. Production capacity was expanded to 150kt/a in 1974 and included new Outokumpu purification technology, mechanised stripping in the tankhouse and a change from the Jarosite Process to the Conversion variant. ...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Kokkola zinc smelter PDF - 1.11 MB 9 Pages, 10 Tables, 4 Figures
- Kokkola zinc smelter.xls XLS - 533.50 KB