Report summaryThe smelter was commissioned in 1953 as a secondary smelter to provide anodes to the adjacent Legnica refinery. Capacity at commissioning was 38kt/a copper mainly from imported blister and blister from the ZHPMN Hutmen smelter. In 1959 concentrate smelting using blast furnaces, Hoboken converters and an acid plant was introduced and the plant was expanded to a capacity of 50kt/a in 1968. A further expansion to 73kt/a anode was undertaken in 1974. Thereafter, steady minor improvements and...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Legnica copper smelter PDF - 701.68 KB 7 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Legnica copper smelter.xls XLS - 481.50 KB