Asset report

Minas Rio iron ore mine

Loading current market price

Get this report

Loading current market price

Get this report as part of a subscription

Enquire about subscriptions

Already have subscription? Sign In

Further information

Contact us

Submit your details to receive further information about this report.

  • An error has occurred while getting captcha image
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
 

Report summary

Minas-Rio is an iron ore mining project in Brazil being developed by Anglo American. The mine is located in the northeast corner of the Quadrilátero Ferrífero (QF) region in Minas Gerais state, near the town of Conceição do Mato Dentro. Anglo American purchased 49% of the project from MMX in 2007 and the remaining 51% in 2008.Production at Minas-Rio commenced in 2014 and we expect the operation to reach its ultimate capacity by 2022.On 3 April 2018 Anglo American announced a 90-day suspension of Minas-Rio's operations to investigate two leaks on its slurry pipeline. Production at the mine is set to decrease by 40% and costs to increase by 22% between 2017 and 2018.

What's included

This report contains

  • Document

    Minas Rio iron ore mine

    PDF 793.78 KB

  • Document

    Minas Rio.xls

    XLS 225.00 KB

Table of contents

  • Key facts
    • Summary
    • Key issues
  • Location maps
  • Participation
  • Geology
  • Reserves and resources
  • Production
  • Operations
  • Infrastructure
  • Costs
  • Sales contracts
  • Economic assumptions

Tables and charts

This report includes 13 images and tables including:

Images

  • Detail Map
  • Production
  • Cash cost

Tables

  • Key facts: Table 1
  • Participation
  • Marketable reserves (at 01/01/2018)
  • Production
  • Operations
  • Infrastructure
  • Cash cost
  • Capital costs (US$ million)
  • Product quality
  • Economic assumptions

You may be interested in

    
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
    

Questions about this report?

    • Europe:
      +44 131 243 4699
    • Americas:
      +1 713 470 1900
    • Asia Pacific:
      +61 2 8224 8898