Report summaryThe Naoshima Smelter was built in 1917 to treat domestic copper concentrates using a green fed reverberatory furnace with a capacity of 3.6kt/a copper. In 1939 capacity was increased to 12kt/a and an acid plant to treat converter offgas was installed. Capacity was further increased to 36kt/a anode in 1957 and a 220t/d Lurgi acid plant was added in 1958. By 1968 smelter capacity had been increased to 72kt/a copper and in 1969 a calcine fed reverberatory furnace, a 720t/d Lurgi acid plant...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Naoshima copper smelter PDF - 619.09 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Naoshima copper smelter.xls XLS - 483.50 KB