Report summaryThe smelter was constructed as a state owned operation using Soviet expertise to treat concentrate from the local mines at Assarel, Elatsite and Chelopech. At commissioning in 1958 it used an electric furnace as the prime smelting unit. Anodes were refined in the adjacent 64kt/a cathode Pirdop refinery. A slag flotation plant was added in 1977 and a single contact acid plant was constructed in 1981. In 1987 the electric furnace was replaced by an Outokumpu flash furnace rated at 120t/h...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Pirdop copper smelter PDF - 689.52 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Pirdop copper smelter.xls XLS - 480.50 KB