Profitability in the integrated olefins chain has been at record levels for the last few years. However, the olefin markets are in a constant state of evolution, with winners and losers changing each year within the value chain and ongoing questions that are likely to dramatically change the market conditions over the next five years:
• How will the new US export-oriented polyethylene capacity be absorbed in world markets? Will the China waste import ban on recycle plastics improve virgin resin demand growth rates?
• Will US ethane export terminals eliminate the 2nd and 3rd wave of olefin investments in the US? Will enough ethylene export terminals and derivative plants be built in the US to consume the current overhang ethylene in the US?
• Will other non-polyethylene ethylene derivatives be built in the US (ethylene glycol, vinyls, and styrene)? Can these derivatives compete globally?
• Will PDH propylene in North America and PDH and MTO propylene in China put the world into an oversupply situation?
• Can the US polypropylene market stay in a short position while the Asia markets move into a long position?
Join us as PCI Wood Mackenzie's olefins and derivative experts answer these questions and forecast who will be the winners and losers in the future at the 6th Annual Americas Olefins Conference on September 26/27 in Houston Texas.
26 September 2018
Training Session - Optional
Networking Lunch and Registrations
Conference Day 1 PM Sessions
27 September 2018
Conference Day 2 AM Sessions