What would a potential Serica-Kistos merger look like?
Director, Research, Upstream Oil and Gas
Neivan BoroujerdiView Neivan Boroujerdi's full profile
On 12 July 2022, Dutch-based Kistos announced it had proposed a cash and share offer to acquire UK-based Serica Energy. The board of Serica rejected the proposal but recognising the potential benefits of a merger, it then made its own approach to takeover Kistos which has been met with a similar response.
The combined entity would create a new gas-weighted, pan-North Sea indepedent producing up to 40,000 boe/d. In this short video, we discuss some of the strategic drivers behind the proposed merger in terms of value, production, cash-flow generation and carbon intensity.
In this short video Research Director, Neivan Boroujerdi uses Lens Upstream to look into:
- The strategic drivers behind the proposed merger
- What the combined entity would look like in terms of production, cash-flow and value
This video was powered by Lens Upstream which allows you to:
- Discover, model and value assets and companies and test hypotheses to assess risk vs. reward
- Run 'what if' analysis for real-time M&A ideation and assessment
- Generate asset and multiple company valuations using various pricing scenarios
Want to get an on-demand demo? Complete the form or visit our Lens Upstream product page.