Report summaryCompanhia Mercantile Industrial Inga (CMI) was formed in 1940 as a galvanised pipe manufacturer but it was not until 1965 that the plant at Itaguai was built. Concentrates were supplied from the wholly owned Vazante-MASA open pit oxide/silicate mine in Minas Gerais. Initial production capacity was 10kt/a as High Grade zinc and this has risen through 40kt/a in 1990 to the 1998 capacity of 60kt/a, mostly as Special High Grade zinc. Initially ore was treated as mined but since 1993 it has...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Itaguai zinc smelter PDF - 740.78 KB 4 Pages, 1 Tables, 1 Figures
- Itaguai (Electrolytic) closed zinc smelter XLS - 158.50 KB