Report summaryThe Mount Isa copper smelter was commissioned in 1953 to treat the concentrate from the Mount Isa mine. A new smelter with a capacity of 100kt/a blister was commissioned on the same site in 1962. In 1973 a fluid bed roaster replaced the multiple hearth roasters, increasing capacity to 150kt/a blister. In 1979, anode casting facilities were added to produce anodes for refining at Townsville and a rise in concentrate grade increased smelter capacity to 165kt/a anode by 1985. In October 1990...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Mount Isa copper smelter PDF - 500.62 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Mount Isa copper smelter.xls XLS - 479.00 KB