Report summaryThe refinery is located at Mufulira on the Zambian Copperbelt adjacent to the Mufulira Smelter. Road and rail links to other Zambian smelters and export ports are adequate. The first tankhouse unit was commissioned in 1952 with a capacity of 36kt/a cathode and a second identical unit was added in 1955. By 1957 the capacity of these units had increased to 104kt/a. In 1956, a two reverberatory furnace wirebar plant was commissioned. Initial wirebar capacity was also 104kt/a, although this...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Mufulira copper refinery PDF - 494.10 KB 6 Pages, 5 Tables, 3 Figures
- Mufulira copper refinery.xls XLS - 693.50 KB