The refinery is located at Olen, 30km east of Antwerp on the Herentals-Bocholt canal. It has good road, rail and canal links. The original tankhouse used lead lined wooden cells and was commissioned in 1927 with a capacity of 32kt/a cathode. Capacity was increased to 64kt/a in the following year and to 100kt/a in 1931. Subsequently, the wooden cells were replaced with lead lined concrete cells. Tankhouse capacity was increased again to 150kt/a in 1956, to 240kt/a in 1970 and finally to...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: