The refinery is located at Saganoseki, 20km east of Oita on Kyushu Island, and has good port facilities for 30kt vessels. The refinery was initially commissioned in 1916, was rebuilt in 1970 and expanded in 1973 with the commissioning of No. 3 tankhouse. In 1982 No. 1 tankhouse was replaced with No. 4 tankhouse which increased total capacity to 180kt/a cathode. A further increase in capacity was achieved in 1991 by increasing current density to 250A/m2 and in 1992 by increasing current...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: