Horizons Live: Charting a sustainable course for offshore wind
1 minute read
On this month’s Horizons Live, our panel explored a critical juncture for offshore wind. The sector is navigating uncharted waters as it grapples with a fresh set of challenges in cost escalation and supply chain pressures. And a larger issue lies ahead – ramping up the supply chain to meet developer and government objectives.
Our report, Cross currents: charting a sustainable course for offshore wind, delved into this topic in detail. And at Horizons Live, Chris Seiple hosted a discussion and Q&A session with report co-authors Søren Lassen and Finlay Clark.
Questions from attendees included:
- What are the implications for the development of floating offshore wind?
- To what extent is transmission a bottleneck?
- How does increasing turbine size contribute to both the success and the challenges that the industry is facing right now?
- What does all this mean for hydrogen planned to be powered by offshore wind?
- Where are the opportunities for investors?
Missed Horizons Live? Watch the replay for our panel’s view on these topics, and more: