Asset Report

Dearborn steel plant

Get this report

$2,250

You can pay by card or invoice

Contact us

Submit your details to receive further information about this report.

For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
 

- FAQs about online orders
- Find out more about subscriptions

15 November 2022

Dearborn steel plant

Report summary

Cleveland-Cliffs' Dearborn plant produces hot rolled coil, cold rolled coil, hot-dipped galvanised (HDG) and electro-galvanised (EG) steel products. The plant is focused on producing high-strength, light-weight steels. Dearborn has one blast furnace, "C3", which holds a hot metal output rate of 2.5 Mtpa. On 3 December 2019 Cleveland-Cliffs and AK Steel entered into a definitive merger agreement whereby the former acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of AK Steel common stock. The deal, valued at approximately US$1.1 billion, saw Cleveland-Cliffs’ shareholders owning 68% of the combined company with AK Steel’s shareholders the remaining 32%. At the beginning of April 2020, Cleveland-Cliffs announced the closure of BF "C3" following the coronavirus crisis. A few months later, in July, the company opted to restart the furnace due to improved market conditions.

Table of contents

  • Summary
    • Steel plant overview
  • Iron Ore
  • Coal
  • Coke
  • Energy
  • Capital costs
  • Operating cash costs

Tables and charts

This report includes 11 images and tables including:

  • Detailed map
  • Participation
  • Downstream products
  • Finished steel production
  • Production table (Mt)
  • Capital costs
  • Total operating cash costs - Finished steel
  • Operating cash cost table
  • Economic assumptions
  • Key raw materials rates

What's included

This report contains:

  • Document

    Dearborn.xls

    XLS 298.00 KB

  • Document

    Dearborn steel plant

    PDF 1.18 MB

  • Document

    Dearborn steel plant

    ZIP 1.23 MB