The refinery is located at Hitachi, Ibaraki prefecture and has good road and sea links. Smelting operations commenced at Hitachi in 1908 to treat material from the Hitachi mine. No.1 tankhouse was commissioned in 1911 and capacity had reached 72kt/a cathode by 1969. No. 2 tankhouse was commissioned in 1969 with a capacity of 120kt/a cathode and No. 1 tankhouse was shut down in 1983. The Hitachi smelter was closed in 1976, subsequently; anodes have been supplied from the Saganoseki smelter...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: