Report summaryThe Mufulira smelter was commissioned in 1937 with two green fed reverberatory furnaces and four Peirce-Smith converters. Blister copper was exported for refining. In 1952 two anode furnaces and a casting wheel were installed to provide anodes to the new Mufulira refinery. In 1956 an additional reverberatory furnace, converter and duplicate anode casting facilities were added to cope with increasing production from RST mines. In 1971 the electric furnace was installed to take advantage of...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Mufulira copper smelter PDF - 557.24 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Mufulira copper smelter.xls XLS - 475.00 KB