The refinery is located at Townsville, Queensland and has good road, rail and sea links. The plant was originally commissioned in 1959 using conventional technology and with a capacity of 40kt/a cathode. Several expansions were undertaken in the years up to 1975 when the capacity reached 155kt/a cathode. Following extensive research and pilot testing at Townsville the Isa process was developed and the refinery was converted to this process using permanent stainless steel cathodes in 1979. ...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: