Power Valuation Tool
Quickly assess and compare power plant valuations with a flexible online tool that helps you identify future growth and investment opportunities.
Discuss your challenges with our Power & Renewables experts
Contact an Expert
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
Power markets are going through a rapid transition with renewables penetration, energy efficiency and transport electrification, prompting more interest in investments across North American power markets.
The Power Valuation Tool provides a one-stop shop to screen and evaluate project-level investments that reflect regional market dynamics including gas pricing, power pricing, wind and solar resources.
Features at a glance
Apply your unique perspective and assumptions to value North American power assets using the Power Valuation Tool.
With analyses of long-term power plant operations, revenue and margins for more than 100 power market zones, the tool easily facilitates asset screening and comparison, making it a cost effective solution compared to developing and maintaining your own in-house valuation model. Even quicker power market analysis is available using our long-term view and alternative scenarios such as the No Carbon Case.
The Power Valuation Tool includes:
- Detailed valuation for 8,500 power generating plants, including costs, revenues and margins
- Asset valuations across different cases or scenarios including prior year forecasts
- Asset valuations by location and prime mover for individual power plants
- Corporate-level valuation analysis
- Asset or portfolio benchmarking against similar regional entities
- Adjustable discounted cash flow functions
- Flexibility and transparency for comparisons with proprietary data
- Identification of potential investment or divestment opportunities
The Power Valuation Tool also delivers standard reports detailing annual power plant generation, cost, revenue and margin projections for every power plant in North America. The tool gives users the flexibility to manipulate the financial parameters, providing:
- Annual asset performance and values
- Ability to filter the valuation analysis
- User-defined financial parameters
- Query saving feature
- Analysis for base case, integrate scenario and sensitivity cases
power market zones
power generating plants
Designed for you
Learn how the Power Valuation Tool can help.