While LNG demand is declining, Japan will remain the second largest LNG consumer in the world until at least 2040. As such, Japan still provides ample opportunities for LNG sellers, particularly as existing contracts expire.
Latest articles by LucyView Lucy Cullen's full profile
What’s inside this report?
Japan is the world's largest LNG importer. However, by 2021 we forecast China will overtake it.
At the same time, Japan continues to take a lead in procurement innovation with developments such as coal indexation, joint procurement and carbon neutral cargoes.
This report presents our long-term view of Japan’s LNG market, and includes:
- Supply and demand outlook through to 2040
- An assessment of how contracts are changing, and how buyers will ensure long-term supply security
- Updates on regas infrastructure, market structure and policy
How will the dynamics shift among the top 10 LNG importers out to 2040? Play the video to find out.
Why buy this report?
- Get a deep-dive analysis into the dynamics that will shape Japan’s LNG market, between now and 2040
- Get supply, demand and market analysis from our global team of experts
- Get access to the analysts who produced this report to understand what the analysis could mean for your business