What are the key trends for global gas and LNG in the year ahead?
2021 will be a milestone year for the gas and LNG industry. Not only because record high LNG prices will prompt buyers to evaluate their portfolio positioning, but also because the role of gas in the energy transition will really start to take shape.
Policy-makers will need to provide clarity on how they intend to decarbonise their economies – including their vision of the role of natural gas – in line with pledges to achieve climate neutrality. Meanwhile, gas players must show their commitment to decarbonising natural gas, through, for example, CCUS and blue hydrogen.
So, what are they key themes and trends to look out for in the year ahead?
Our team of global experts have come together to share their predictions for 2021, across five themes:
- How the January cold spell has shifted market dynamics in 2021
- What will Asian LNG buyers do?
- Moment of truth for gas and its role in the energy transition
- A new frontier to decarbonise natural gas
- Biden administration: sweeping changes unlikely, but aspirations start from day one
Fill in the form on this page to recieve a complimentary copy of the global report.
And read on for our predictions of how these trends will play out in your region.