LNG’s short-term blues
Latest articles by GilesView Giles Farrer's full profile
In this episode of The LNG Big Chill podcast we discuss the potential for under-utilisation of US LNG facilities, how much LNG Europe can take – and whether a new coal policy in South Korea will provide some upside this winter.
Topics discussed include:
- LNG started the winter with record low Asian spot prices.
- The rate of supply growth is outstripping organic demand growth – particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
- The potential price risk associated with the expiry of the current Russia-Ukraine transit agreement at the end of 2019.
- South Korea’s recent move to improve air quality by restricting coal burn through the winter. What could it mean for the LNG oversupply?
- Recent moves in LNG ship charters rates – and the impact on short term prices.