LNG’s short-term blues
Head of Gas and LNG Asset Research
Latest articles by GilesView Giles Farrer's full profile
In this episode of The LNG Big Chill podcast we discuss the potential for under-utilisation of US LNG facilities, how much LNG Europe can take – and whether a new coal policy in South Korea will provide some upside this winter.
Topics discussed include:
- LNG started the winter with record low Asian spot prices.
- The rate of supply growth is outstripping organic demand growth – particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
- The potential price risk associated with the expiry of the current Russia-Ukraine transit agreement at the end of 2019.
- South Korea’s recent move to improve air quality by restricting coal burn through the winter. What could it mean for the LNG oversupply?
- Recent moves in LNG ship charters rates – and the impact on short term prices.