Vice President, Head of Upstream Analysis
Latest articles by FraserView Fraser McKay's full profile
What are the key trends to watch in the upstream oil and gas industry in 2022?
Another year of record cash flows for the upstream oil and gas sector in 2022. But the outlook is not entirely positive – the global push for decarbonisation brings a great deal of uncertainty about the future. The upstream industry must respond quickly and decisively to the implications of pledges made at COP26. Resource-rich governments must consider their role and set a course for the industry to follow.
What are the themes to look out for heading into 2022? Drawing on powerful insight from Wood Mackenzie Lens, our team of global experts came together to share their predictions for the industry in 2022 – and a few wildcards to watch out for.
Read the global overview for our take on:
- Record cash flows under increasing scrutiny
- Oil and gas reinvestment rates remaining critical
- Operators walking the walk on Scope 1 and 2 decarbonisation
- Cracks in a fragile service sector widening
- Explorers keeping options open for the energy transition.